Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Church Pants (Pantalones de Iglesia)

It has been two weeks of my prescribed regime, and I had my first glimmer of hope. This Sunday morning I went to put on my pants, expecting the weekly battle of wills between my britches and I. Usually I engage in verbal arguments with my pants while contorting myself into awkward positions trying to button them. This week was different. No wrestling, no expletives, no jumping up and down - just one smooth motion from the button to the hole. HOW WONDERFUL THE DAY!! Then came the shirt collar, another dreaded buttoning for us bulging behemoths. Same thing! No fighting, no loss of blood flow to my brain for the three hours of church, no unbuttoning every possible button I can as soon as I step foot out of church...just a nice comfortable Sunday in nice comfortable clothes.

1 comment: